Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Reminiscing in the old, bringing in the new.

As I look back at this past year, I see the goodness of a great God.

Joy, pain, sorrow, fun, tears, memories, brokenness, newness. All that is written across this year is God's goodness. His perfect love and His complete faithfulness.

Bad happened, good came. Hurt severed, love healed. Brokenness bleeded, joy conquered.

I guess you could say it's been a year of trials. A year of loss, a year of trouble, a year of hearbreak. But somehow, in the mix of all that, goodness flowed.

Yeah, bad happened. But so did good. A whole lot of it!

I look back and I see lessons learned. I see God's strength and mercy poured out, and His love overflowing.

I see a girl who's heart was healed and strengthed. I see God give renewal and hope in something so broken and lost.

I see man's strength turn into the Almighty's strength. I see God bending down to His beloved children and holding them in His mighty hands, laying upon them His precious protection.

I see the definition of trust being re-evaluated. Trust in man turns to trust in God.

I see family broken, but bound. I see the love and the tears and the support poured out from loved ones. I see the power in just one hug, or one line, capture a heart. One line spoken to build, not break.

I see relationships built. And I see friends coming together to be pieces of Jesus to each other.

I see the wounds of an aching soul be covered in the prayer of God's warriors.

I see people coming together to share in the pain of those hurting. I see hearts opening to those in need. Selfishness put away. And selflessness displayed. I see words spoken in love and sympathy and encouragement. I see God among it all.

I see a man broken. A man left in tears, a man hurting, call out to God. I see a man let go of His own strength, his own power, and ask for that of God's. I see a man humbled. A man searching with all he has for the One, True God. I see his hope fulfilled in God's very response to Him. I see a God who is faithful, and true. A God who cares. A God who comes.

I see smiles. I see laughter. I see God lighting up faces shining for all to see. I see God granting joy and laughter so that this broken place can have a glimmer of light. I see Him. I see Him smiling down saying, "I love you dear Child. I love you."

I see God's goodness poured out on those who put their delight in Him.

I see new faces in the pews on Sunday. I see the love of God filling the hearts of another lost one. The sweet gift of Jesus whispered into another soul.

I see Jesus. I see the cross. I see the gift of God poured out for all to enjoy.

I see God working. I see God transforming. I see His love, His faithfulness, His goodness. I see Him.

I see hope for yesterday. Hope for tomorrow. I see hope for the future. Hope for the new year.

I look back at this past year and I see the goodness of a great God.

I can think of all these things I hope for and want in the new year, but honestly, all I truly seek is to once again see God's goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment