Monday, February 4, 2013

Here I am.(philippians 4:11)

Philippians 4:11
Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to be content with whatever I have.

Here I am. Going through a God-guided journey. A journey learning to be content and patient. A journey learning to serve God fully right where I am.

Here I am. February 2013.

Here I am. Growing in the word of the Lord. This stage in life has given me the opportunity to spend more time in the Word, in prayer, and in service to God. Not only have I been able to spend more time in my daily readings but I've been able to start an in depth study on Revelation by David Jeremiah. I could not be more excited about this. I've never really had the opportunity to go full board into the book of Revelation but I am here, doing just that. David Jeremiah is teaching me so much. God is teaching me so much. Not only teaching me, but preparing me. Preparing me for the future. For His future.


Here I am. Still at home. Learning to fully serve my family better. Learning to help with school, keep a house, and take care of kiddos. Learning to be a mother. I know I have much to learn, but I also know I have a God who continues to guide me, a mother who continues to teach me, and a dad who continues to support me.


Here I am. Learning the art of photography. Photography has really captured my attention. God seems to draw me in more deeply through photos. I just love to capture His beauty :) or capture a memory that is held in my heart forever... I've gotten the chance to start a photography class(at home) and couldn't be more excited to learn all I can from it. I haven't gotten very far due to busyness...but I
can't wait to learn more!

Here I am. Learning to be a coach. What an adventure! This year was the first year in many years I wasn't going to be apart of the game of basketball...but here I am getting the opportunity to help coach! Pretty exciting! But scary at the same time. I've been on the other side for so many years. I've always been the one to learn from the coaches...not be the one doing the teaching!  But I've really enjoyed it. Not sure I'm that great at it..but again, I'm learning! I love to be a part of the game. And working along two great women, and teaching some really amazing girls just so happens to be a HUGE bonus! Can't wait to see what the rest of the season brings :)

Here I am. Depending and relying on God. Life hasn't been the easiest lately. Sickness, and heartache, and brokenness has taken its turn on me. Life has brought trials of confusion, discouragement, loneliness, impatience.... But my God is bigger. My God is stronger. My God has strengthed me, provided me protection, and given me peace. My God has given me contentment. I don't always know what I'm doing, or what my future holds, but I know God is in control. I know He has me right where He wants me. It may not always seem enjoyable, but God has placed me here for a reason. And my purpose is to serve Him right where I am. To honor Him to my fullest.


 Here I am. Content in the hand of God. Learning to wholly depend on Him.



 

4 comments:

  1. You, Jayden Jackson, are beautiful! And God is doing beautiful things in you, through you, and for you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Jayden! You are so amazing as a sister a daughter and a friend. It is so crazy seeing you grow up so fast! It is fun to grow up isn't it? You have so many opportunities in front of you! And I am so glad you are grasping and charging with these opportunities!
    The more I think about it the more I think it is true. If God made our lives perfect and wonderful all the time, how would we learn? How would we truly remember and cherish the greater moments with out the less desired moments? I know becoming an adult is tricky, especially in this day and age!
    Keep up the wonderful work you do every day! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Molly. You are so sweet! Growing up is fun...rough at times tho. But definitely full of opportunity!
      I agree with you! And I think so often when everything is going right we tend to forget about God, while when things are rough it brings us to God.
      Love you!!

      Delete