Wednesday, February 6, 2013

The Ultimate Valentine


Valentine’s Day. Some love it. Most hate it. If you're anything like me right now you've probably been dreading the whole thought of it. For most of us it just seems to be a big, huge reminder that your single, lonely, and for some, even broken.

We all think Valentine's Day is a big day for that special someone in our life to show us we mean something. Or to spoil us with candy, flowers, and mushy things. We all want to know we are wanted. We are thought about. We are special enough to receive something from someone. Deep down, even if you deny it, we all want a valentine.

But how many of us end up going through the day without a special someone? Without receiving something? Without feeling wanted? Feeling as if no one out there cares. Like everyone around us is loved, cherished, and wanted? Yet, you aren't?

Well I have news for you. You ARE wanted. You are wanted by your Great Creator. The God that gave you life. The God that yearns to show you His love each and every day. He wants to be your Valentine. Your special someone. He wants to make YOU feel wanted. Feel loved. Feel special. To feel unforgotten.

What are you waiting for? Why spend so much time waiting for someone else to make you feel special when God is waiting right now for the opportunity to sweep you off your feet? He wants the same thing you want. He wants to love and be loved. He wants to show you what true romance and intimacy is. He wants you. To love YOU.

John and Stasi Eldridge wrote in their book "Captivating" that "God delights in revealing himself to those who will seek him with all their hearts. He is an extravagant, abundant Lover, and he loves to reveal his heart to us again and again." Why not let Him? Let him captivate you. Let him show you his love. Seek after Him as well. You won't be disappointed. I know I wasn't.

Just a couple months ago, my heart was broken. I was left to feel unwanted. I struggled through the pain of feeling unloved, unspecial. Like I wasn't good enough to be loved. I hurt, a lot. Every day since they have started talking about Valentine's Day my heart has ached. I've completely dreaded the thought of past memories being brought up. I dreaded being reminded that I'm broken and unloved. I've dreaded being reminded that I'm alone. But God. God! God came to me and said "Let me love you and you won't be lonely. Let me love you and you won't be unwanted. Let me love you and you will be special. Let me love you, and romance you, and show you what it means to truly, and completely be loved. Let me love you and you won't be disappointed." My heart overflows with joy and my face streams with tears because God has done just that for me. I let Him show me His love and I will forever be satisfied. I can't even begin to describe to you the joy that comes from such a love. Let Him show you love!

Why waste our time waiting for flowers and candy and useless toys when God has so much more to offer. “God’s version of flowers and chocolates and candlelight dinners comes in the form of sunsets and falling stars, moonlight on lakes and cricket symphonies; warm wind, swaying trees, lush gardens, and fierce devotions.”(Captivating by John Stasi Eldredge) How’s that for a valentine surprise?Why waste our time searching for a love that may disappoint and fade away? Why not surrender your searching and let God love you? Let Him love you with such a love that will never fade away. That you will never be separated from.

And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love.

His love always remains. It never fails. It never disappoints. It never weakens. It only satisfies.

God brought me LOVE. It picked me up and turned me around. It filled my loneliness with such joy and peace and happiness that I can't possibly search for such a love anywhere else. My tears of sorrow are now tears of joy. I want you to experience the same.

He is waiting for your response. Will you be His valentine?
And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment